Week 3: Finding and Evaluating Online Communication
tuesday 16 january - CANCELED due to snow
1. Read this week's blog post for each student in your peer group. Make a cogent comment on their reflection. Keep a log (Word or plain text) of the text of your comments and include the title and link of each post. Bring a digital copy of this to class on Thursday; we will use eSubmit to turn them in.
2. Review the discussion questions that deal with outdated information and internet publishing "rules." Do some research about how the Internet is structured and write about 200 words outlining your opinion (give evidence! cite your research!) on Internet publishing and/or censorship. Post to your blog by 8 am Thursday.
- As students arrive ... take this time to read classmate blogs
- Guest Lecture: Jessica Albano, UW Library
- Lecture / Reading Discussion
- Lecture/Discussion (student questions). Ted Koppel on Info Overload ... Jon Stewart on "Internet Tubes" ... How The Internet Works
- Interesting blog posts: Alex C, Brad, Desiree, Katie, Lindsay, Regina
- Discussion Leaders begin Week 5
- Peer review - research concept paper due 22 january - post to peer review
- Reading reflection due by 9 pm Mon : [ 1 post]
- Jessica Albano Link
- " Introduction to Internet Architecture and Institutions" from Berkman Center for Internet and Society by Ethan Zuckerman and Andrew McLaughin (Aug 2003)