LING 573 - Natural Language Processing Systems and Applications
To allow you to focus on developing your summarization system, you are
encouraged to make use of existing software tools to accomplish many of
the component tasks. Below is a list of useful software tools, it is
FAR from exhaustive but is intended to help you get started.
NLP Toolkits and Collections
- NLTK: An extensive suite of
Natural Language Processing components, written in Python.
- GATE: A large-scale NLP framework
integrating many components.
- LingPipe: a highly
professional suite of NLP tools, with Java API as well as batch components.
- Stanford NLP Suite: Suite of mostly Java NLP tools
- Stanford NLP links: Collection of links to diverse NLP tools
- UIUC software tools: Includes chunkers, NE Taggers, SRL, coref, etc
- Porter stemmers implemented in a variety of languages
Semantic Analyzer and Shallow Semantic Parsers
Discourse (RST) Parsers
Word Sense Disambiguation
Machine Learning Toolkits
Ontologies, Lexical Resources