LING 575 - Spoken Dialog
Final submission: Code, write-up/term paper: 6/7/2017: 23:59
- Describe the work you have performed for your course project.
- Present the main findings/accomplishments of your project to your peers.
- Complete the implementation tasks and/or analysis of your topic.
- Write up your findings formally.
Final Project Presentations
- Prepare a ~5*N minute presentation, where N is the number of team members, about your topic based on your work and main findings. The format should be Powerpoint or PDF .
- No later than 3pm on the day of your presentation: Send a copy or link to your presentation to me. It is helpful if I can cue up and test the presentations in advance.
Final Project Submission
Please complete your project as described below.
For implementation projects, all code should be under a single top-level
directory and include a README explaining how to run it and use it (or what numbers
to call in the case of VoiceXML-based dialog systems). Your final submission
should also include a brief (2-4 pages) write-up, addressing the following
Please tar up the
directory and deposit it in the course Dropbox
- The approach taken
- The resources, software and data, used
- Brief discussion of related and motivating work (with bibliography)
- Challenges encountered
- Results of any evaluation performed - formal or informal
- Resolution to challenges, general findings and conclusions
For analysis projects, I do not expect that any code will be submitted; the
main product should be a writeup of 6-10 pages, elaborating on the elements
and following the same structure as above, focusing on the
details of the analysis and findings, quantitative and qualitative. If you wish to provide
more extensive data, that can also be tarred up. It can be submitted to the Dropbox directly.
There is no specific format required for the write-up, though I would appreciate that you not use a font smaller than 11pt.