Weekly Web Feedback
Physics 121 Autumn 2008
- Each weekend, from after class Friday until 9:00
you may fill
out the Weekly Web Feedback.
- What is still unclear from this past week's
lab, tutorial) that you would like Prof. Olmstead to spend time on next
- From your reading of the coming week's text
material (see syllabus),
what is particularly unclear in the book that you would like Prof.
to spend time on in class this coming week?
- On Monday morning, Prof. Olmstead
will review this feedback
and adjust her lectures accordingly. Please be brief, but
- Submission of this feedback will count towards
as in the same way as clicker points.
- Each helpful
feedback submission will
receive 3 bonus points (i.e.,
"none", or "lots" receives no credit)
- Multiple submissions in one week are allowed,
is given only once per week. If you find
during your reading
or homework that you have additional questions, by all means submit
- If you wish to make anonymous comments, please
use the anonymous
email form. You won't receive any bonus points, but Prof.
Olmstead will seriously consider your comments, just the same.
- If you can't access a survey, check the
time. If it should be available, but isn't, please email
- Week 1: Open 11:15 pm
Sept 26 to 9:00 am Sept 29. SURVEY
- Lecture: Introduction, 1D motion.
1.1 - 1.5; 2.1 - 2.4.
- No lab or Tutorial.
- Week 2: Open 11:15 pm October 3 to 9:00 am October 6. SURVEY
- Lecture: 2-D Motion, projectiles,
circular motion Chapter 1.6-1.7; 3.1 - 3.3
- Tutorial: 1-D Acceleration
- Lab: 1-D Kinematics
- Week 3: Open 11:15 pm October 10 to 9:00 am October 15 (Wednesday due to exam). SURVEY
- Lecture: Newton's Laws and Forces.
Chapter 4.1 - 4.8; 5.1.
- Tutorial: Motion in 2-D
- Lab: Freefall and Projectile Motion
- Week 4: Open 11:15 pm October 17 to 9:00 am October 20. SURVEY
- Lecture: Applications of Newton's Laws,
Work and Energy.
Chapter 5.2-5.5, 6:1-3.
- Tutorial: Forces
- Lab: 1-D Dynamics
- Week 5: Open 11:15 pm October 24 to 9:00 am October 27. SURVEY
- Lecture: Energy Conservation.
Momentum and Impulse. Chapter 6.1 - 6.4, 7.1 - 7.5, 8.1.
- Lab: Newton's Laws & Tension
- Tutorial: Newton's Laws in 2D and 3D
- Week 6: Open 11:15 pm October 31 to 9:30 am November 5 (Wednesday
due to exam). SURVEY
- Lecture: Momentum, Collisions and
Chapter 8.2 - 8.5.
- Tutorial: Work and Kinetic Energy
- Lab: Work and Energy
- Week 7: Open 11:15 pm November 7 to 9:00 am November 10. SURVEY
- Lecture: Rotational kinematics, energy
9.1 - 9.3
- Tutorial: Energy Conservation
- Lab: Momentum and Collisions
- Week 8: Open 11:15 pm November 14 to 9:00 am November 17. SURVEY
- Lecture: Torque, Static Equilibrium,
Rotational Dynamics, Angular Momentum.
Chapter 9.4-9.6, 12.1-12.3, 10.1-10.2.
- Tutorial: Wed/Thu: Conservation
- Lab: Angular Kinematics
- Week 9: Open 11:15 pm November 21 to 9:00 am Nov 26 (Wednesday due to exam). SURVEY
- Lecture: Angular Momentum
Conservation, Universal Gravitation. Chapter 10.1-10.4.
- Tutorial: Tuesday:
Momentum/Wed-Th: Rigid Bodies
- Lab: Rotational Motion
Return to 121C Home Page
- Week 10: Open 11:15 pm November 26 to 9:30 am December 1. SURVEY
- Lecture: Universal Gravity.
Chapter 11.3 - 11.5.
- Tutorial: Tuesday: Rigid Bodies
- Lab: Tuesday
Conservation of Momentum; otherwise
- Week 11/Final Lecture:
pm December 3 (WEDNESDAY) to 9:00 am December 5 (FRIDAY) SURVEY
- Lecture: Harmonic Oscillators.
Chapter 14.1 - 14.5
- Tutorial: Harmonic motion.
- Lab: Make-up