Current Topics in Pharmacology
12:30 PM, Thursday, April 24, 2008 | Room T-663 HSC
Speaker: Steve Kraynik
Topic: Btk/Tec the Future: Critical Components in Bone Homeostasis
Paper to be presented:
- Shinohara, M., et al., Tyrosine kinases Btk and Tec regulate osteoclast differentiation by linking RANK and ITAM signals. Cell, 2008. 132(5): p. 794-806.
- Takayanagi, H., Mechanistic insight into osteoclast differentiation in osteoimmunology. J Mol Med, 2005. 83(3): p. 170-9.
- Baron, R., Arming the osteoclast. Nat Med, 2004. 10(5): p. 458-60.
- Smith, C.I., et al., The Tec family of cytoplasmic tyrosine kinases: mammalian Btk, Bmx, Itk, Tec, Txk and homologs in other species. Bioessays, 2001. 23(5): p. 436-46.
- Asagiri, M. and H. Takayanagi, The molecular understanding of osteoclast differentiation. Bone, 2007. 40(2): p. 251-64.
- Karsenty, G. and E.F. Wagner, Reaching a genetic and molecular understanding of skeletal development. Dev Cell, 2002. 2(4): p. 389-406.