Art of the Americas - TCXG 377
Due: January 22, 2009
For your comparison paper you will need to conduct research using books and articles. The following databases are some of the best places to look for writing about art:
UW Libraries Catalog
Some databases available through the UW Information Gateway's list of databases:
Expanded Academic ASAP
Academic Search Complete (EBSCO)
Art Abstracts has citations and abstracts of articles; Expanded Academic ASAP and Academic Search Complete both have citations and abstracts, as well as some full-text articles. JSTOR has full-text articles. Art Abstracts, Expanded Academic ASAP, and JSTOR have articles from academic (scholarly) journals; Academic Search Complete has articles from academic and popular magazines and newspapers.
Using these databases at home or in the library, please turn in typed entries following the Chicago Manual of Style (CMS) for both a note and a bibliographic entry for the following requests below. For CMS format, see Barnet, pp. 335-344, and the UW Libraries handout. The sources can be about any work of art or works of art and artists for your papers.
1. Note and bibliographic entry for a book found in the UW Libraries Catalog.
2. Note and bibliographic entry for an article from Art Abstracts.
3. Note and bibliographic entry for an article from Expanded Academic ASAP.
4. Note and bibliographic entry for an article from Academic Search Complete (EBSCO).
5. Note and bibliographic entry for an article from JSTOR.