Modern Architecture - TCXG 379
Due: April 21, 2009
For your comparison paper you will need to conduct research using books and articles. The following databases are some of the best places to look for writing about architecture:
UW Libraries Catalog
Some databases available through the UW Information Gateway's list of databases:
Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals
Expanded Academic ASAP
Academic Search Complete (EBSCO)
The Avery Index, Expanded Academic ASAP, Academic Search Complete have citations and abstracts, as well as some full-text articles. JSTOR has full-text articles. Avery, Expanded Academic ASAP, and JSTOR have articles from academic (scholarly) journals; Academic Search Complete has articles from academic and popular magazines and newspapers.
Using these databases at home or in the library, please turn in typed entries following the Chicago Manual of Style (CMS) for both a note and a bibliographic entry for the following requests below. For CMS format, see Barnet, pp. 335-344, and the UW Libraries handout. The sources can be about any work of architecture or works of architecture and architects for your comparison paper.
1. Note and bibliographic entry for a book found in the UW Libraries Catalog.
2. Note and bibliographic entry for an article from Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals.
3. Note and bibliographic entry for an article from Expanded Academic ASAP.
4. Note and bibliographic entry for an article from Academic Search Complete (EBSCO).
5. Note and bibliographic entry for an article from JSTOR.