GWSS Advisor

Career Center

Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity


Psychobiology of Women

What Can I Do with a GWSS Degree?


Your GWSS Advisor can help!
Your GWSS Advisor can help you navigate the ins and outs of the major and minor requirement as well as point you to other departments that could be offering content that matches the focus of your course of study. But that is not all. Your GWSS advisor is here to help you thrive in your time here at University of Washington. Whether it's helping you find the just right internship placement or filling out a Hardship Withdrawal we are here to support the whole you. Helping you in your academic success is more than helping you pick classes, it's helping you access all of the support services you need to reach your highest potential.
Contact Us
Laura Marquez, GWSS Undergraduate Academic Counselor. For more information or to schedule a 30 minute advising appointment contact us at gwssadvs@uw.edu or 206.543.6902.
Or stop by during drop in hours Tuesday-Thursday 3:00-4:00 p.m. at B110-K, Padelford Hall

<---Return to Top

The Career Center: http://careers.uw.edu/
The Career Center is your one-stop-shop for a host of different resources. From personal 1 hour appointments to work on your resume to seminars and meet and greet events with employers from across the region and beyond. The Career Center is here to help you make the connection between your course of study and the career you have always dreamed for.
Contact Us
For more information, contact the Career Center at ccsfd@uw.edu or 206.543.0535. Or just drop by at 134 Mary Gates Hall.

<---Return to Top

Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity: http://www.washington.edu/undergradresearch/
Did you know that you could actually get funding for that research project you have always wanted to take on? The Undergraduate Research Program (URP), which is housed at the University of Washingtonin the Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity, Mary Gates Hall 171, under the auspices of Undergraduate Academic Affairs, facilitates research experiences for undergraduates with UW faculty members across the disciplines. URP maintains a listing of current UW research opportunities and national programs.
The URP assists UW undergraduates in:
1. Planning for an undergraduate research experience
2. Identifying faculty mentors and projects
3. Defining research goals
4. Presenting and publishing research findings
5. Seeking funding for research
Contact Us
For more information contact the Center for Experiential Learning & Diversity at urp@uw.edu or 206.543.4282. Or stop on by at 171 Mary Gates Hall

<---Return to Top






Contact the instructor at: nkenney@u.washington.edu