Want to see more of what we’re all about, live and in person?
Think your group could benefit from some expert science communication know-how?
Our workshops are informative, interactive, and most importantly – fun! Let us share our training with you!
We offer workshops tailored to your science communication needs and interests. Our workshops are based on the same curriculum used in our winter seminar series. Workshops are structured to teach participants useful presentation tools and techniques through interactive activities. We can structure workshops to develop a specific product, such as an elevator pitch or a storyboard, or improve on an existing presentation.
Topics may include:
- Distilling information & crafting analogies
- Writing & delivering elevator pitches
- Using jargon responsibly
- Public speaking skills
- Improv activities
- Considering your audience
- Fielding questions on the fly
- University of Washington Women in Genome Sciences; May 18, 2018
- Institute of Translational Heath Sciences: KL2 Program; April 9, 2018
- Clean Energy Institute, Fellows Onboard Day; September 22, 2017
- Northwest National Marine Renewable Energy Center; June-July 2017
- School of Social Work PhD Program; April 10, 2017
- Institute of Translational Heath Sciences Career Development Series; February 24, 2017
- Clean Energy Institute, Fellows Onboard Day; September 21, 2016
- Society for Freshwater Science Annual Conference; May 21, 2016
- Bioengineering Honors program class; October 19, 2015
- Clean Energy Institute, Fellows Onboard Day; September 24, 2015
- Puget Sound Women Chemists Retreat; May 15-16, 2015
- University of Washington Science and Policy Summit, May 7, 2015.
- University of Washington School of Medicine STD/AIDS Training, April 23-24, 2015
- Engage workshop at the University of Washington; April 9, 2015
Fill out the form below to inquire about rates and availability.