Want to see more of what we’re all about, live and in person?
Think your group could benefit from some expert science communication know-how?
Our workshops are informative, interactive, and most importantly – fun! Let us share our training with you!
Learn how to write an engaging, jargon-free elevator pitch geared towards a non-scientific audience. Through a variety of hands-on activities, workshop participants will practice using storytelling and analogies to distill complex scientific information in a way that is both interesting and understandable. Each participant will then use the tools taught in the workshop to write a 60-second elevator pitch that will be presented to the group.
- Clean Energy Institute, Fellows Onboard Day; September 21, 2016
- Society for Freshwater Science Annual Conference; May 21, 2016
- Bioengineering Honors program class; October 19, 2015
- Clean Energy Institute, Fellows Onboard Day; September 24, 2015
- Puget Sound Women Chemists Retreat; May 15-16, 2015
- University of Washington Science and Policy Summit, May 7, 2015.
- University of Washington School of Medicine STD/AIDS Training, April 23-24, 2015
- Engage workshop at the University of Washington; April 9, 2015
Looking for a workshop that covers slightly different topics than the one described above? We can put together a customized curriculum. Other topics from the Engage curriculum include audience consideration, storyboarding, public speaking and more.
Fill out the form below to inquire about rates and availability.Interested in an Engage workshop? Tell us more! Please indicate event/group, date, and expected attendance.