Want to see more of what we’re all about, live and in person?
Think your group could benefit from some expert science communication know-how?
Our workshops are informative, interactive, and most importantly – fun! Let us share our training with you!
Learn how to write an engaging, jargon-free elevator pitch geared towards a non-scientific audience. Through a variety of hands-on activities, workshop participants will practice using storytelling and analogies to distill complex scientific information in a way that is both interesting and understandable. Each participant will then use the tools taught in the workshop to write a 60-second elevator pitch that will be presented to the group.
- Clean Energy Institute, Fellows Onboard Day; September 22, 2017
- Northwest National Marine Renewable Energy Center; June-July 2017
- School of Social Work PhD Program; April 10, 2017
- Institute of Translational Heath Sciences Career Development Series; February 24, 2017
- Clean Energy Institute, Fellows Onboard Day; September 21, 2016
- Society for Freshwater Science Annual Conference; May 21, 2016
- Bioengineering Honors program class; October 19, 2015
- Clean Energy Institute, Fellows Onboard Day; September 24, 2015
- Puget Sound Women Chemists Retreat; May 15-16, 2015
- University of Washington Science and Policy Summit, May 7, 2015.
- University of Washington School of Medicine STD/AIDS Training, April 23-24, 2015
- Engage workshop at the University of Washington; April 9, 2015
Looking for a workshop that covers slightly different topics than the one described above? We can put together a customized curriculum. Other topics from the Engage curriculum include audience consideration, storyboarding, public speaking and more.
Fill out the form below to inquire about rates and availability.