A Look at Chained Displacements

About this Site

I created this page for the English 382: Writing for the Web class at the University of Washington under the instruction of George Dillon. The site was created to accompany an in class lecture on Chained Displacements. This site is a remake of my original review on Chained Displacements: Ground Zero for Terror. After reviewing the previous design in class I decided that a new layout was needed in order to make this site more presentable and easier to read. The old version of the site can still be found on my web site.

About Chained Displacements

Chained Displacements: Ground Zero for Terror was created by Horit Herman-Peled, an Israeli activist. More about her can be found on the author page.

Chained displacements: Ground Zero For Terror evolves around the tragic life of 2 communities the Jewish Israeli and the Arab Palestinian an emblem of a modern era, where the construction of national identity takes priority over any other human virtues. The work fragments the concept of national identity, thus revealing the foundations on which the construct stands. The digital means for producing the work, and its digital distribution via URL, seem to me the appropriate medium for such a work, as the digital means of production dialectically produce terror.
Source: rhizome.com

Related Sites: