return to HOME PAGE

How to connect to online class sessions

PHYS 536, Acoustics

Winter 2019

R. J. Wilkes

Online class sessions:

Online access to class in realtime will be available for all lecture sessions. Sessions will be recorded so if you miss class you can review the slides and audio at any time later.

I will conduct online classes from our regular classroom, so if you can attend in person, please join me.  If I have to join the class online myself,  I will send email well before class time.
NOTE: In case of snow, I will probably run class from home. Please check your email before coming to campus. If UW is officially closed (extremely rare! check UW main page for status) there will be no class.

How to connect to the class session:

We will use Zoom conferencing software for online sessions. You can connect using any computer, pad, or phone, from anywhere with internet access: work, home, wifi cafe, hotel, etc. You must
first download the Zoom app to your device(s).

To join an online class session, go to  https://washington.zoom.us/my/physcourse
  UW Mail - Zoom Account for PHYS 536 Winter 2019 copy UW Mail - Zoom Account for PHYS 536 Winter 2019 copy
You MUST be registered for the course in order to use Zoom, of course. 

You should receive email from PCE telling you how to download the free Zoom application and log in using your usual UW NetID and password.
You should install the app in all devices you may want to use to attend class online. If you already have zoom installed on your device(s) please install the latest update.

PCE provides a Zoom Guide for Students, and there is also a help page on the Zoom site. We can  go over Zoom navigation in class.

You can access recorded class sessions via links on your Zoom home page. Recordings will be available after class (allow a few minutes for processing of files).

Be sure to turn on your computer's audio output. If your computer does not have a good built-in microphone, consider buying a headset with earphones and microphone. However, a microphone is not essential, since you can always type in questions and comments via the Zoom chat window.

BACK TO TOP

Last Updated:
1/02/19

Contact the instructor at: wilkes@u.washington.edu