My Sunday Story – John’s cut

John Schulstad & Isaac Whaley – 5:21, drama

Jim the stoner stops by to see his disapproving buddy. When conversation turns to religion, Jim will have none of it.

This entry was posted in au15. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to My Sunday Story – John’s cut

1. JCharley says:

We originally planned on shooting outside but the weather was not good so we moved inside. The scene in the kitchen turned out much more choppy than we would have liked, but our overall story was good and we used a wide variety of angles and differed in shots. We wanted to have better natural lighting but my house is naturally dark and we even brought external lighting. Had to do some post production re- framing to create close ups and we lost some quality. Some of our outside shots in the rough cuts were our best shots but we had to switch from the park to dougs house. Cheesy script and acting but we tried our best, overall it was a lot of fun. I like the monologue at the beginning and the end, those are my favorite parts.

2. Sydney Burdick says:

Really effective use of the voice over. To see your guys’ progress from the rough cut was amazing. I think one of the most effective things you did was to mention in the voice over that the main character was having health issues which caused his stomach to feel ill, but you could tell he was trying to cover it up at his friend’s house saying that he was very hungry. This gave the sense that the friend doesn’t really understand the main character’s motivations, so they are having some sort of disconnect. It made the story much more compelling. Great job.