study abroad information

Scholarships for Study Abroad

Bridging Scholarship by Association of Teachers of Japanese

Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and be enrolled in a college or university in the United States. Bridging Scholarship recipients receive a stipend of $2,500 (for students on semester-long programs) or $4,000 (for students on academic year programs).

Association of Teachers of Japanese
Campus Box 279
240 Humanities Building
University of Colorado, Boulder, CO 80309-0279
Phone: 303-492-5487 Fax:303-492-5856


Japanese Studies Scholarship by Japanese Government

This program offers students a one-year intensive course of the Japanese language and introduction to Japanese studies. Available to undergraduate students who are currently majoring or minoring in Japan-related studies at a 4-year university. Applicants need to be 18 to 29 years of age.

Tel: 206-682-9107 ext. 135


Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program

This scholarship provides awards for US undergraduate students who are receiving federal Pell Grant funding at a 2-year or 4-year college or university to participate in study abroad programs worldwide.

Gilman International Scholarship Program
Institute of International Education
520 Post Oak Blvd., Suite 740
Houston, TX 77027-9407
Tel: 713.621.6300, ext 25
Fax: 713.621.0876


Youth For Understanding USA Student Scholarships

YFU USA offers students more than 300 full and partial scholarships for summer, semester, or year programs, living overseas as a YFU exchange student.

Youth For Understanding USA
6400 Goldsboro Road, Suite 100
Bethesda, Maryland 20817
800-TEENAGE (toll-free)
Fax: 240-235-2104


Other scholarship links

Search engine for schools and scholarships.