Doctored Meat.

No Comments on Doctored Meat.

My research paper has gained me alight of insight into the world of antibiotic use in meat, particular the negative effects it is having on antibiotic usefulness. The practice of using antibiotics as growth hormones causing bacteria to become resistant to the to level of antibiotics we ingest through eating meat, and when we become sick, the antibiotics are not effective against it. There have been several serious cases of antibiotic resistant drugs, even to the point of people dying. If this does not highlight the issue than I don’t know what should. Us as Americans are also far behind on the developed nations scale in regards to this. Most of the EU and many developed Asian countries, I.E. Korea and Japan have banned use of antibiotics in their meat. Australia and New Zealand as well. We are going to need some serious revision of American policies and procedures in order to address this issue before it becomes a widespread phenomena. But, as is human nature, we probably won’t do anything to address it until it becomes a crisis, and as we have in the past, we might scrape by, but eventually our luck is going to run out if we don’t start becoming proactive.