Why Should We Fear Fake Food?

8 Comments on Why Should We Fear Fake Food?

The industrialization of the world food system evolved the way we produce food on a large scale and has shaped the modern day perception of the Western diet. Since the creation of preservatives we have been able to keep more food on shelves for much longer periods of time, if not indefinitely.  The effect of these food preserving chemicals are expansive. Empty calories are foods that pretty much do nothing beneficial for your body, in fact they can often be the cause for many diseases and deaths. Empty calorie foods contain solid fats and added sugars, even though some foods contain natural sugars and solid fats, what creates the problem is when they are mass produced and processed.

Foods like: cakes, cookies, pastries, donuts, sodas, energy drinks, cheese, pizza, and sausages.

It is important to stay away from fried carcinogenic foods and to generally lessen the amount of unhealthy foods one consumes. It is always about making better choices and eating lean. I learned that it is not just about one thing necessarily, it’s about balancing your body’s needs. The best way to do this is to ignore all the junk that surrounds our environment like Taco Bell or Burger King or whatever tickles your fancy. I learned that empty calories can be detrimental to someone trying to lose weight; a bad diet can kill your exercise in the gym. Basically, if it looks artery clogging, it probably is. We should be eating mostly plants and fresh food according to Pollan, as he states in his work In Defense of Food. The name of the game is vegetables, fruits and whole grains, that is not to say that we shouldn’t enjoy the pleasure of eating! It is a matter of changing our perception of food as much as it is a matter of changing the actual food we eat.

8 thoughts on “Why Should We Fear Fake Food?

1. bknapp11

I greatly enjoyed your examination of the result of the industrialization of food. The observations that you made about the empty calorie foods and the importance of eating more plants as well as noticing your own eating habits are definitely a step in the right direction. I liked how you mentioned how bad diet can ruin your progress at the gym. I’ve seen this happen in my own life, friends that would enjoy working out and attending a gym, but then would make all these terrible dietary decisions that would certainly turn their progress backwards. Our foods are becoming less and less genuine, as you mentioned, so much of our food selection is now held with preserves, that leads to the question, “what’s really in my food?”

1. aaa11 Post author

The future should be geared towards more sustainable methods of cultivating crops. Every family should be able to have a self-sustainable micro farming system that is fully automated. The way technology is simplifying the agricultural industry is incredible. Crops are being engineered to adapt and systems are being designed that require zero physical labor. Though this trend might be grandfathered into society’s norms, it is still important at this present moment.

2. NutraGenics Garcinia

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your posts as long as I provide credit
    and sources back to your website? My blog site is in the
    very same niche as yours and my users would certainly benefit from a lot of
    the information you provide here. Please let me know if this okay with you.
    Thanks a lot!

3. Rejuva Brain

Greetings! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having problems finding one?
    Thanks a lot!

4. Tad Lowek

This a great way to see up to the second how the latest visitors to your website are using the search engines to find your website, and then magnify them to see how they used your website.