Savior

Miranda Eby – 5:19, dramatic short, action/adventure

A knight-errant has rescued a lady from a terrible beast. On the road to safety, they encounter a pair of highway bandits.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Savior

1. mirandae says:

Pre-production, I think I could have planned the fight better. Since I “hired” outside help to choreograph it, since it wasn’t in my skill set, I wasn’t sure what was going to happen in great detail. So I just minded the 180 degree rule and key close ups when I thought it was needed. I am pleased with the result, but it would have been much easier and faster if I had more planned before hand.

Production, since it was outside, I was relying a lot on weather. One day of filming was very windy and that is evident in the audio. If I could do it again, I would be more picky on my filming conditions and done pick ups for shots that were over saturated or blurry.

Post Production, I wish I had the knowledge to tweak audio more. In fact it didn’t sound so drastic when I was editing or when I watched it after exporting. Maybe its the headphones I use. However, I knew there was a lot of noise I wish I could get rid of. I did use creative commons music to cover it up during a lot of the parts, but they didn’t enhance the narrative. In fact they were more distracting so I thought it better to do without.

2. mirandae says:

Also! To do with filming the fight! If I had more planned, I wouldn’t have to insert myself in between sections of fight because didn’t have good shots of transition. You will notice the two times it cuts to me are after someone falls out of shot or dies because I didn’t have good shots of my actors getting to the next part of fight. I do like how I solved it, it was funny and I wish I had come up with it beforehand, but it was unintentional.

3. Shonney says:

I love this! The acting is great! The establishing shots are beautiful! The action is captured with the various shots. It is very well thought out. I love the scenery and the costumes. I think you used natural lighting very well and I liked your use of jump cuts. I think they make it more fast paced and continuous than if you used other transitions.