The Hodos Supremacy

Evan Hodos & Brian Trask โ€“ 6:12, dramatic short, action/thriller

Hodos is a government agent with a troubled past and no stranger to nefarious dealings. He doesn’t give in to anyoneโ€™s demands, is relentless in his pursuit of a mission, and always gets the job done. (Contains strong language.)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to The Hodos Supremacy

1. Brian Trask says:

I definitely learned a lot about cinematography this quarter from BISMCS_472A. This edit could have used better wardrobe, longer takes, and definitely some lighting and audio improvement. But over all I felt like Evan and I could not have made this video had we not learned more about pre production. Whenever I have shot in the past we just got equipment and went out and did it. My only regret is that due to 3 other courses and work I sometimes had to focus my time else where. Whereas if this was my only course I could really dive in and take my time to do these steps. If my career carries me into the filming industry in the future I hope to further master the art of producing film.

2. Evan Hodos says:

I really am happy how our video turned out. With the plethora of issues that we experienced in pre production, to what we turned in as a draft, to our final product, I can see the real development of the whole production. I like how the story looks and sounds visually, and I am very proud of the the dialogue in the film. The banter between the two characters is very fluid and I am happy how it all turned out. After an endevour like this, and learning about all the different aspects that go into a film from our class lectures and readings, it gives mes a new appreciation to those in the film industry.

3. Joey Petosa says:

Great story here. Camera work has lots of pros with only a few cons. Lighting could be worked on a bit in the garage scene, but most shots are done very well. The plot was great and script was obviously invested. You guys made use of homemade tools in a solid way. Overall I liked the piece and had a good laugh.

4. Tobias Simcox says:

Great video guys! I really enjoyed it ๐Ÿ™‚ The cuts and fluency in the beginning was great and got the video to a great start! Toward the end it might of lost its fluency but overall that’s miniscule. The writing was great and I loved the professionalism of the cop/detective. Good use of the black and white too. Quality work guys you have come along way ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Dayna says:

I thought this was really entertaining! You guys did a really good job on your story and acting so it was really fun to watch. I love the quick shots at the beginning and the dialogue between the two of you. I think the black and white scenes were cool, but wonder if the tone would be set better with just dark, basement lighting. The contrast of those shots with the light, memory shots was cool. Goood job!

6. mirandae says:

I think you made very powerful choices in shooting this narrative. The interrogation scene had very entertaining dialogue, but I think it could have been emphasized by using more varying shots since it was so long.