Faces of WOW

Toby Simcox – 6:36, comedy short, documentary style

A film crew documents the online game phenomenon that is ruining the lives of so many. Things turn for the worse when a celebrity investigator tries to interview Nathaniel, the latest victim of WOW.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Faces of WOW

1. Dylan Hansen says:

quite the concoction of doritos and mountain dew. liked how this was filmed with the documentary style. there’s some sparks of your comedy style with you being the interviewer and the ending. nicely done

2. Shane Pearson says:

Really well polished piece. I thought all the actors in this piece really drove the comedy. I especially appreciated the seen in the dark room. It built suspense. Perhaps a little more interaction between the interviewer and the WOW player could have brought more of a change from the tense feel to bring a stronger reveal. Just a thought though.

3. devin says:

This was a very well put together video. I felt as if the story was real because the actors were surprisingly good. As always, video quality is great and editing is on point. I can say nothing wrong about your video.

4. Awesome job with this piece, Tobias. It’s come a long way since the rough cut that we saw which was almost completely all interview footage. You have a great onscreen presence and really disappear into your characters once you get on that wig and fake mustache. Great job delivering on the concept you described in class. I just subscribed to your YouTube channel and I’m sure you won’t disappoint.

5. Tobias Simcox says:

Thanks for all the kind comments!

So I am overall happy with my final product. I put way more into polishing it than I had originally expected. Honestly I can’t think of anything that I would change because I am so burnt out on this piece. I definitely am upset about the stupid spelling mistake “prepair” ugh im so sick of having to re-export and reupload it! But i have too… Oh and if I were to redo this I would make sure to shoot the mother 3/4s profile…

Thanks for the great class Sam! This is my favorite class I have ever taken at the UWB… I really wish more classes like this were offered… :/ Anyways would love to keep in touch somehow. Professionally and nonprofessional too 😀

have a great summer and thanks for the MERCY!