Memory Malfunction – Ross’ cut

Ross McLeod & Joe Jim – 5:00, drama

A young man loses his memory and learns to cope with a little help from a friend.

This entry was posted in au15. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Memory Malfunction – Ross’ cut

1. Ross McLeod says:

My focuses for this film were based around shot composition, with multiple instances of match-on-action sequences and visual motifs to distinguish time passing. The pacing and rhythm was also a key factor, between shots with dialogue and shots with action. We used a lighting kit as an extra source of illumination, which was crucial for exterior scenes and useful for interior scenes. The audio was probably the most difficult, even with the use of a bluetooth microphone, but I was able to improve it to a decent extent using post production.

2. EricWang says:

Love the feel of the video. Don’t know what to call it but it’s awesome. Should probably just call it awesome. The audio in the beginning could have used re-recording, but otherwise it was great in the rest of the video.

3. Sydney Burdick says:

You had some strong camera work in this one. I liked the concept of the story, but I think if you had more time, you could have developed it a little further into something really interesting. I felt like the most climactic part was when you fell off the building and that happened at the beginning. It may have been beneficial to add a more dramatic scene later in the film when we see your character struggling with his memory loss (maybe something like an emotional breakdown, etc.). Other than that I think you really know your strengths and had some solid production in this piece. Nice work!