Unreal – Katya’s cut

Reese Conway & Katya Gamarnik – 4:59, drama/mystery

The story of two friends who can’t seem to get past one difficult night.

This entry was posted in sp16. Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Unreal – Katya’s cut

1. Katya Gamarnik says:

This project went great, overall. If I were to change/improve anything, it would be audio. It was tricky to make it match from cut to cut because in production I didn’t think through the use of two Bluetooth mics with two cameras. However, I think that I did a good job at using the lighting in order to match the comedy/drama genre. All of the dialogue shots worked out pretty well, I believe, including the master shot, over the shoulder shots and close ups/reactions. The narrative is clear and follows the classic dramatic arc which gives the story a nice natural flow. This project was the most challenging, yet the most rewarding one for me, because I was able to showcase everything I have learned in this course throughout the quarter.

2. switmer1 says:

Loved this. Fantastic plot, very creative and it was executed really nicely. Great job editing, the flow was really nice and i was interested the whole time. Great job with all the different angles, especially during the dialog scenes. Great project!

3. rmc92 says:

I think I liked yours in all more than mine, especially the early dialogue. I think you had really good timing and flow in your choices of shots and audio. You did a really good job with the lighting/color correction, I probably wouldn’t have even known that you did much tweaking had I not seen you working on it. Since you did that you were able to use some of the shots that I wasn’t able to which provided you with more options and leeway to make for better flow of their conversation. Also really good match on action! Turned out super good and it was great working with you!