A Break From Reality – Randy’s cut

Randy Hang, Stephanie Mendoza & Alec Wong – 4:44, drama

Cindy and Andy go for a walk around town to escape life’s problems.

This entry was posted in wi17. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to A Break From Reality – Randy’s cut

1. maxmiranda says:

Great photography and overall tone set in each shot and scene. I also really like the audio dubbed over it worked well and I wasn’t able to tell that you guys recorded your voices over. Definitely an improvement from the rough cut.

2. meic12 says:

I really like your story. I almost cry at the end of the video when Cindy told Andy that he doesn’t need to face all of these alone. Cindy’s and Andy’s characters are fully developed while they go for a walk, and it helps to push the emotional level at the end of the video. Thumps up!

3. yylee says:

Great video! I like the camera work and the dialogue! And, the beginning shot is really good! Good job!

4. yijingh says:

Awesome job! I love the story. I did not realize the voice was dabbed in post production at first. It matched with the image perfectly.

5. randyh3 says:

I’m pretty satisfied with how our video turned out. Would’ve liked to capture true audio and get some better lighting but I think it turned out okay. There were several things that happened accidentally that I totally loved. First, the setting we chose matched accordingly with our story as the bridge we were on was caged just like how the characters were currently feeling while the ending scene had the characters in a similar area but it is now open. Second, when the two characters first hold hands the hand used by my character is the injured hand but at the end he grabs her hand with the normal hand as if to say love heals all wounds. Something I did intentionally was keep my character on the left side for most of the shots for continuity. Overall, I think we did a great job. Special thanks to my teammates Stephanie and Alec!

6. Tina Hu says:

Really like you video! nice filming skill and good taste of the music

7. JessicaK says:

This video was great! Wonderful job!!!