Story Time – Sydney’s cut

Gabriella Axelson & Sydney Muirhead – 5:13, drama/suspense

What will it take for a young YouTuber to achieve fame?

This entry was posted in wi17. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Story Time – Sydney’s cut

1. akamaj says:

Great lighting. Especially in the dark shots of the closets. I am gonna guess you do blogs? the extra lights on the blog setting give your video an extra touch. Well crafted story. The acting was phenomenal. Syd you kept character the entire time and sam did a great job in the background and then acting surprised.

2. sydneyday7 says:

I am pretty happy with how my final video turned out! We shot on three separate days, so we were able to get a lot of footage to choose from and work with during editing. Before I started editing, I wasn’t sure if I was going to make this more comedic, or more suspenseful, but I decided to go with comedic- I think it worked better this way, since the plot calls for it anyways. I’m proud of the flow and that it stays pretty light throughout the whole video, but there are still small moments of suspense. The ending could have been a little bit better- the shots weren’t composed as well as they could’ve been, I think we were burnt out on shooting at that point and didn’t think everything through all the way. There were also a couple issues with the consistency of sound at certain moments. Overall though, I’m happy with the video and had a lot of fun making it!

3. sdm17 says:

Yes!!! I love how you set up cameras at different angles and then you’re holding one. So creative, i love this concept. Gives us that scary documentary movie type feel. Love it. oh, and I always love twists at the end so that was a nice touch.

4. zlan says:

Awesome job on the video! You pulled it off nicely, no flaws in the continuity; seamless. With the lighting situation you had to face, you managed to pull it off! I like the twist at the end too, good job again!

5. ajama014 says:

Great work on the film! Really liked the double twists you had. Really interesting concept and critique of the actual “storytime” videos on youtube. But great work with your range of shots and cool low-key lighting to enhance the mood of the genre. Would definitely subscribe!

6. randyh3 says:

Great acting. Found it really funny too because all the YouTube and faking videos/reactions stuff is so true.