Game Point

Ralph Suguitan – 3:50, drama

Three friends gather to play some ball.

This entry was posted in wi18. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Game Point

1. leahytf says:

Overall this was a really great video! The different shots and clean audio were really good, although something weird happened at 2:40 other than that everything was great!

2. ralphrsuguitan says:

If I were to shoot this again, I would shoot at a time of day that didn’t provide such harsh light. Preferably early morning or prior to sunset. The sun overexposed some of my footage and lost some of the detail in my actors faces. Over time the footage throughout this project looked to be exposed perfectly. Most likely because it was later in the day and the sun started to set.

As far as audio, it turned out well. Aside form the random airplane engines that I didn’t notice while recording, the external mic and second camera helped with the clarity of actors speaking and ball bouncing.

Throughout this project, I was challenged to create a dialogue between three characters. Each character played an equal role and had an equal amount of lines throughout the script. I feel like I displayed a three person dialogue effectively, paying attention to the rule of thirds, 180 degree rule, height differences, etc.

If I had more time on this project (and my talent had an open schedule) I would’ve created a longer narrative. I would’ve made the game go longer and portray a story where the characters would play forever and the game would last until the night.

3. atemple2 says:

This was a good video! Great lighting and audio! Good job with the continuity of the video. You made it feel like it was a nice consistent flow throughout the video while the jump cuts in it were obvious it was being a fast forwarded a little bit. Great color in the video too and making it outdoors. You had good angles and ranges of shots throughout it too.

4. asigl16 says:

I really liked this video! Very clear quality, and great audio. Lighting is also consistent and solid from scene to scene. I thought the continuity edits and different cuts between scenes worked well and helped establish the video overall. Just would have maybe liked to see a more clear picture of the story, the dialogue was kind of bouncing around everywhere. Other than that great acting, filming, and post production work! Great video.

5. Kate Kennedy says:

This is some great work! As always, you’ve always got really great footage, sound, and lighting that impresses me. Knowing David, Julian, and Paolo, I think that you did a good job of directing them to act naturally, and it doesn’t feel forced. Their personalities really show, and it helps the narrative. I hope you keep filming after this class!

6. QVN472 says:

Nice job on getting different angle shots throughout the video. Also great sound with it being outside, like there isn’t that much white noise which is nice. Also lighting was very consistent and very well lighten. Overall great job.

7. gianamoretti1818 says:

Camera quality is awesome in this! I think it was a great narrative and post production seemed to turn out nice, a few bumps but I’d say overall the shots and use of camera angle is really nice. I like the use of the natural outdoor lighting, and it wasn’t too bright either. The audio went nicely especially outside, when they are playing ball! I loved the intro a lot, thought it was really amazing!
    Great job 🙂

8. nxenos says:

Good job getting awesome shots and editing them together! Quality is great, same with audio. Got lucky with the good weather.

9. nam9340 says:

Good job. I like it. Lot’s of different angles, clear and good quality with audio.