The Oracle

Brock Reynolds – 4:07, drama, fantasy/sci-fi

The story of Roman King, a middle-aged man facing an existential crisis. In his search for meaning in life, he passes through an inter-dimensional gate he finds in a book of magic. 

This entry was posted in sp18. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to The Oracle

1. melichen says:

Nice final cut, Brock! All of your videos have been very creative and intriguing. This one had an unique plot line, along with smooth audio. As a solo worker, you really have good range of shots. The gate and return scenes have neat visuals, good work.

2. brock84 says:

In this video, I really tried to challenge myself with the concept and production. I made this film exclusively by myself (scripting, directing, lighting, editing, and soundtrack creation) and with the acting help our my fiance and step-daughter. I wanted to create a video that felt like a dream and provoked a sense curiosity through the idea of multi-dimensional travel. I injured my achilles tendon in my last video, but I still wanted to incorporate movement shots that propelled the picture forward. In the diaglogue scenes I was very happy with the scripting and the acting, but I was disappointed with the overall audio quality that came with using Bluetooth shirt mics–I really wish I had access to a higher-grade boom microphone. I always enjoy working with Final Cut Pro and I can’t wait to engage with this software in the future. Overall, I thought this project turned out well and I look forward to applying the skills that I have learned in this class beyond graduation.