What is NEW?

COVID!

I haven't updated my website very much since COVID, so am going through it now. Just finished the markers page with a chart of reference ranges. We are using those in our clinic a lot more, especially after long-term bisphosphonate holidays, or discontinuing denosumab, or monitoring steroid osteoporosis.

With so many conferences on zoom these days, some of my talks have been recorded and put on YouTube. You can watch them at:

• talk about osteoporosis for geriatric lecture series
  • talk for Northwest Regional spinal cord injury system
  • UW Rheumatology Grand Rounds: The seductive short-term effects of osteoporosis treatments
  • NW Geriatrics talk "Top ten things about osteoporosis that many doctors don't know"
  • Bone disease in CKD patients: target the treatment - University of British Columbia Renal grand rounds
  • October 2019 My presentations at ASN and ACR

I just returned from giving talks at the American Society of Nephrology and the American College of Rheumatology. One about medications used to treat bone in chronic kidney disease and the other some case-based discussion of treatments for osteoporosis
    Finally, I put a powerpoint of animations of bone turnover, seen on the animations page

Feb 2019: new page on abaloparatide

This is a contribuation by Dr. Narla: Abaloparatide

March 2015: Bone hormones

cover of Kidney International diagram of bone cells

This is a figure from my commentary, "What's Bred in the Bone will Come Out in the Flesh" that was on the cover of the May issue of Kidney International.