Directory of all slides and notes
Note: Slides/notes are usually modified versions of those provided by the author of this book (Levitin) or of the previous book I used (Goodrich). Also note that most of the class is done on the board (not via slides), so slides are sometimes not polished in terms of formatting.
- Week 1:
Introductory analysis slides; Web archive of good loop invariants link.
- Week 2: BigOh, Brute Force, Divide and Conquer slides.
- Week 3: RecurrenceTree method, analysis and recurrence equation practice sheets:
a newer one , and an older one. Also, a midterm1 review sheet is now available.
Closest pair notes.
- Week 4: Dynamic Programming and Knapsack slides.notes on Binary Tree bounding . Convex Hull problem not covered this quarter, QuickHull Animation, Convex Hull notes.
Week 5: More dynamic programming
- Week 6: Graphs and Floyd-Warshall slides. Also Decrease & Conquer, DFS, BFS slides.
- Week 7: Midterm 2 review sheet. Also here are some dynamic programming practice problems; dynamicpractice1 (with solutions in solution directory), and dynamicpractice2.
Week 8: Greedy Algorithm slides (including Prim's algorithm).
- Week 9: Transform and conquer slides (including heapsort). Heapsort animation. Strongly connected components slides.
- Week 10: Lower bounds slides, Final Review sheet