Lost and Found – Christy’s cut

Melissa Chen, Christy Lau & Emily Oomen – 4:59, drama

Noelle panics when she loses her smartphone, but she gains something valuable in return.

This entry was posted in sp18. Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Lost and Found – Christy’s cut

1. christylau says:

In my final cut video, we are seeing a five minutes dramatic short video. Melissa, Emily and I worked together recorded a lot of video footage for the post-production. We went to the same locations last week, and re-shoot scenes for improvements. Each of the scenes that we see from the final cut video, we filmed at least two to three times. I believe that my final cut stands apart with my team members because we have our choices to choose which scenes that we use and edit to our video clip. In the beginning of my final cut, I put some of the montage of Noelle. The purpose is to enhance her personality visually.

While we were re-filming the scenes, we faced the challenges from the production. There was a change between the rough cut and the final cut, Melissa was the one who played the role of Cate. I was the one who took the most heaviest responsibility to go through and took in-charge throughout the production. This time, we really aimed for a good quality of audio and lighting. We tried our best to re-film some of the scenes by using the bluetooth wireless microphone, the 3-point lighting kit and also the LED lighting kit. I know that it might not be the best video clip, but we truly put our efforts to the production. I have overcame the challenges and learned mistakes from the past production experiences, as a Media and Communication Studies student.