temp

ARCH 481: 3D Modeling and Rendering, University of Washington, Department of Architecture

Getting Help

Instructor: Brian Johnson, Autumn Quarter, 2017

The course "help desk"

Help is available for those times when you have trouble with this sometimes complicated material, but it doesn't work if you don't ask for help.

Our "help desk" this quarter is staffed by MS in architecture student Elham Soltani. Her scheduled consulting hours are shown below, but feel free to contact her by email about alternative times if you are struggling (her email address is in the syllabus). All consulting will take place in the Digital Commons.

Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday
5:00-7:00PM 5:00-7:00PM 5:00-7:00PM 12:00-2:00PM

Instructor Office Hours

By appointment--email me at "brj[at]uw.edu"

I don't set lots of office hours but I am generally much more available than any limited set of hours would suggest. If you want to talk about anything connected to the course try dropping by my office (Arch Hall ground floor, G55) or email me for an appointment. I can usually meet within a few hours.

Class Mailing List

There is a course email list for this class (arch481a_au17@uw.edu). One reason I request the list is so you can ask each other questions. Feel free to use it!

Note, if you send email to the class list from an email address other than your official UW email address, it will be held for my review. I will pass it through when I get the chance, and will "bless" that address for full service in the future, but it means your first email to the list may take some time to be distributed.

The "CAD/CAM Cafe"

An informal gathering of like-minded persons meets in Gould 137 every Tuesday from 6:00-9:00PM and offers help with Rhino, laser-cutting, and related difficulties (and coffee!).

Last updated: October, 2017
[bug report]