temp

ARCH 481: 3D Modeling and Rendering, University of Washington, Department of Architecture

arch 481: Texts

Instructor: Brian Johnson, Autumn Quarter, 2017

Exercise Workbook

This document defines each of the weekly projects or exercises you will be completing this quarter. Each exercise is described in terms of subject matter, learning goals, production goals, and the related "writeup questions" that you are expected to turn in at the completion of the exercise.

Background Readings

There is no required textbook for this course, but that does not mean that reading won't be part of your studies. In fact, reading is required, but all of the required reading material can be found online, in the form of the Tapestry Reader and other web pages, or in the form of pdf documents.

I will make reading assignments from these documents and encourage you to do "recreational" (curiosity) reading out of these as well. There is much to 3D that we will not have time to cover this quarter.

Software Manuals

As above, there is no physical book available that is recommended for this course. However, there are several PDF files you might want to read and maybe print. There are, of course, many tutorials on the web as well. If you find one you like especially, please let me know and I'll add it to the "Readings".

Last updated: September, 2017
[bug report]