Site report 1

There is only one build in the block of Between Pasadena Pl. and 7th Ave. NE, and NE 40th St. and NE Northlake Pl. which is Benjamin Hall Interdisciplinary Research Building. I came from the Northern side from 50th, I just walked to their cause there are only routes 31 and 32 in the East-West direction. Then I noticed that the bus stop is separate, one is on the north side of NE 40th St, the other one is on the southern side of Northlake Pl. the Northern one is to the west, and the Southern one is to the East.

The building of  Northern Side is red color, in front of the build, there is a walking street separated by a line of trees from NE 40th St. When I went closer, I can have noticed that there are bricks patterns, it makes the build looks not so strange among the surrounding enviroments , since the Northern of the building are apartments. And the bricks patterns also make the build looks old and fit the surrounding well. As long as you look to the west you will have noticed that, the western of the building is I-5 highway. And the highway entrance is only one block northern of the block. May be that one of the reason that the R&T Bldg. was built here. For the Southern side of the build, the whole upper part is covered by glass, the upper part has 3 floors and the windows are curtains can drag from the top to bottom. and the whole southern is gray color which looks clean and tidy.

The center is for process analysis and control. There is stair on the Northern Side of the R&T Bldg. which connect NE 40th St and R&T Bldg.’s parking lots together. According to the website “CPAC is a center under the auspice of the Applied Physics Laboratory and holds offices on the 5th floor of the Benjamin Hall building on the University of Washington campus. Our research laboratories are found throughout the University of Washington and in our partnering universities throughout the world. Tours and additional information of CPAC laboratories can be arranged through the principal investigator.” (CPAC-UW). Since the building is related to Applied Physics department. It should have some students and teachers come here, probably among them will include some experts who participated in the programs of CPAC. But one thing is interesting for me, R&T Bldg. is not close to other buildings of Physics departments, such as PAA and PAB. The reason may be the build was built later than other buildings or the department intentionally choice the location to let it a little away from other buildings in main campus.

I saw students get out of the building and the the are probaly, senior students or graduate students or the PHDs, since they seemed not very yong and still carry student‘s bags. and here may have some classsroom or laboratory rooms for takiing the classes. 

Site report 1